2018 Hepburn Springs Victoria Australia
- Is a modern, refined, seductive performance venue.
- Where history enticingly meets the lure of the now.
- The space is indulgent, inviting, aspirational and warm.
- Think warming textures, quality fabrics and lush surrounds.
- The palette is rich, dark and sensual with a glint of metallics.
- The personality is bold, refined and opulent.
- Furnishing style is lush and sophisticated.
- The offering is an entertainment experience with a side serve of indulgence.
- The building layout is for a main theatre, lounge bar, wine bar and a private room.
- The patron takeout is indulgence, desirability and enjoyment.
- The tone of voice is smart, enticing and confident.
Scrub Hill 1869
SCRUB HILL, a district of rich farmland amongst picturesque volcanic hills, halfway between Daylesford and Ballarat in Victoria. In 1869 the locals commissioned a Bluestone Church forming the heart of the community until 2015.
Fronting Scrub Hill on 1.25 acres, an old Himalayan Cedar tree shades a quadrangle flanked by the Bluestone Church and Sunday School (original Dean church c1879), evoking an English countryside ambiance.
To the west a backdrop of 40 year old pine trees and an elm tree garden where you can wander and watch the sunset and birdlife around the neighbouring farm dam.
Fully restored to highlight the Bluestone Church’s original features. The green diamond leadlight windows shine in the afternoon sun, glowing against the walnut ceiling beams and the baltic pine floor. Hydronic heating and NBN are the modern comforts of a venue ready for your imagination.
Inside the Sunday School you can feel the history, timber tongue and groove paneled walls and ceiling – l
Clunes is a Booktown all year round and offers a FREE series of writer talks on the third Sunday of the month – known as Booktown on Sunday. The charming Goldfields village of Clunes is internationally recognised as a Booktown. It is a hub of ideas and the arts… along with a disproportionately high number of bookshops.
Each year, an army of local volunteers and a small team of staff, host the annual Clunes Booktown Festival, which attracts 18,000 people to enjoy the most amazing whole town bookshop in the world. Think author talks, workshops, live entertainment, a kids village, and good food.
Daylesford Wine Tours
Tour the amazing award-winning cellar doors of Daylesford with #1 TripAdvisor Daylesford Wine Tours. Choose from wine, cider, spirits, liqueurs, ports and lunch with Aussie actor Clay Watson and his loveable Labrador Maizy. A fun and relaxing experience that will leave you wanting more!